Bachelors Degree in Computer Systems Security
A Bachelors Degrees in Computer Systems Security prepares students for working within the world of internet and computer security. Systems security is a growing concern for organizations as they rely more on computer technology and networking as a way to do business. Organizations need to protect themselves, and their intellectual property and information from falling into the wrong hands. Professionals that specialize in information security protect information systems from being hacked into and are alert for security threats to the organization. Everyday new computer viruses and spyware are developed to infiltrate organizational computer systems and networks. This area of computer specialization is growing at a rapid rate and so is the demand for computer systems security specialists.
A Bachelors Degree in Computer Systems Security will prepare graduates for:
- protecting information stored on local area networks (LANs)
- protecting personal and business information contained within an organization.’s information systems
- containing and fixing system attacks
- implementing security strategies for information systems
- protecting information stored on wide area networks (WANs)
- protecting computer systems from attacks from viruses and cyber attacks
Flexible Study Programs
Students studying for their Bachelors Degree in Computer Systems Security are taught how to analyze and evaluate information systems for weaknesses and possible weaknesses in their security. Students will develop strong analytical and leadership skills to help them work as a professional in this discipline.
Students can design a flexible study program to suit their needs and interests. They have a wide choice of subjects to choose from including:
- project management
- network security
- analyzing and designing information systems and networks
- operating systems concepts
- managing computer security threats
Graduates with a Bachelors Degree in Computer Systems Security will be able to:
- demonstrate strong analytical skills
- demonstrate strong communications skills
- demonstrate the ability to manage resources
- demonstrate knowledge of a wide range of computer systems
- demonstrate the ability to work in high risk, stressful situations
Career Opportunities in Computer Systems Security
With the growing use of the World Wide Web and the Internet, there is increasing concern about the security of information systems and networks. Organizations need to protect themselves against those trying to hack into their systems and, more and more, computer security specialists are in high demand. As all facets of industry grow their systems and with the rapid change in technology, the demand for security professionals is expected to increase for at least the next 10 years.
Graduates with a Bachelors Degree in Computer Systems Security have the skills that are in demand in the following industries:
- government organizations
Students with a Bachelors Degree in Computer Systems Security can expect to get a job as:
- database managers
- information systems security managers
- computer systems analysts
Many educational institutions offer flexible study programs for those wishing to pursue a degree in this field. Many courses of study for a Bachelors Degree in Computer Systems Security are offered on line as well as on campus, which gives students even greater flexibility to study at their own pace.
The featured colleges below offer bachelor degrees online in computer security & cyber crime.
||ITT Technical Institute
An ITT online education can offer opportunities for students to pursue
their educational objectives online. With ITT Tech's online education,
a quality technical education is now available when and where it is
convenient for the student.
| An online education can offer opportunities for students to pursue
their educational objectives when attending school in a traditional
classroom is not practical. With ITT Tech's online education, a quality
technical education is now available when and where it is convenient
for the student.
Bachelor of Science Criminal Justice - Cyber Security
This curriculum offers a balance of both application and theory used in the field by combining administrative subject matter and interpersonal skills. Students will study interpersonal communication skills and examine the criminal justice process. This degree teaches students the fundamentals of criminal justice skills and the criminal justice system. The program offers a foundation in criminology, criminal evidence, legal procedures and criminal law. Areas of study include corrections, the courts and law enforcement. The course also covers the foundation of damages and risks associated with cyber crimes and digital fraud including identity theft, electronic crime, cyberstalking and Internet crime. Special emphasis is placed on the cornerstones of cyber security including reaction and response, detection, protection and methodologies of inspection. Program content includes criminal law and procedures, communication, technology skills as well as cybercrime issues.
South University is accredited by The Commission on Colleges, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
rich course content and online educational resources stimulate your
learning process and extend your learning experience far beyond the
Bachelor of Criminal Justice - Cyber Crime
The influence of technology and the changing face of crime have greatly increased the requirement for criminal justice professionals. The Bachelor of Science degree in Criminal Justice program can help meet this need. Students will focus on the criminal justice field of Cyber Crime. This is one of the rapidly growing areas of criminal justice, which deals with the recovery of digital data which has been used to commit crimes including homicide, cyber stalking, embezzlement and identity theft.
||American Intercontinental University
American InterContinental University is accredited by the Commission on
Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award
Associate, Bachelor's and Master's degrees.
online BIT degree completion program with a concentration in Computer
Forensics features industry-relevant coursework taught by faculty
members with real-world experience in the field.
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology - Computer Forensics
The online BIT degree program with a concentration in Computer Forensics will enable the student to :
* Use operating systems and networking knowledge
* Define concepts of computer systems, hardware, programming languages, and databases
* Define data modeling, data definition language, and data manipulation language
* Program for database connectivity
* Develop applications and websites by applying the principles of programming
* Gather electronic evidence without changing or tampering the original data.
* Use information technology practices and security tools to detect, plan for, respond and recover from incidences that need network forensic activity.
* Identify practices and issues in information technology management
* Analyze the legal considerations for prosecuting and investigating computer crimes to develop a forensic process that is defensible in court.
* Research career opportunities in information technology
Kaplan University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission of
the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
|Our degree programs feature various emphasis areas and a comprehensive curriculum geared toward your career goals.
Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice - Computer Crime
This program is designed to provide students with a thorough understanding of the basics of computer crime. Students will study the nature of computer crime and its impact on society and business, computer forensics, the protection of digital assets, the investigation of computer crime and the legal implications of monitoring crime in cyberspace.